Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Also Known As
Circuits Engineer, Design Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Project Engineer, Instrumentation and Electrical Reliability Engineer (I&E Reliability Engineer), Power Systems Engineer, Project Engineer, Test Engineer
- Operate computer systems.
- Create electrical schematics.
- Discuss designs or plans with clients.
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or operational plans.
- Design electrical equipment or systems.
- Maintain electronic equipment.
- Design structures or facilities.
- Survey land or bodies of water to measure or determine features.
- Direct equipment maintenance or repair activities.
- Direct construction activities.
- Direct installation activities.
- Prepare operational reports.
- Investigate system, equipment, or product failures.
- Estimate technical or resource requirements for development or production projects.
- Direct industrial production activities.
- Inspect operational processes.
- Devise research or testing protocols.
- Design energy-efficient equipment or systems.
- Design energy production or management equipment or systems.
- Estimate operational costs.
- Prepare project budgets.
- Train personnel on proper operational procedures.
- Supervise engineering or other technical personnel.
- Test products for functionality or quality.
- Design alternative energy systems.
- Complex Problem Solving – Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it.
- Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
- Writing – Writing things for co-workers or customers.
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information.
- Speaking – Talking to others.
- Active Learning – Figuring out how to use new ideas or things.
- Monitoring – Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: None
- Training: No On The Job
- Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Oral Comprehension – Listening and understanding what people say.
- Problem Sensitivity – Noticing when problems happen.
- Deductive Reasoning – Using rules to solve problems.
- Written Comprehension – Reading and understanding what is written.
- Written Expression – Communicating by writing.
- Category Flexibility – Grouping things in different ways.
- Information Ordering – Ordering or arranging things.
- Oral Expression – Communicating by speaking.
- Near Vision – Seeing details up close.
- Inductive Reasoning – Making general rules or coming up with answers from lots of detailed information.
- Speech Recognition – Recognizing spoken words.
- Fluency of Ideas – Coming up with lots of ideas.
- Mathematical Reasoning – Choosing the right type of math to solve a problem.
- Number Facility – Adding, subtracting, multiplying, or dividing.
Clicking on a link below will provide you with a list of associated and presorted companies for this current pathway by their industry term.
- Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing
- Communications Equipment Manufacturing
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment and Appliances Manufacturing
- Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing
- Magnetic and Optical Media Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
Pathway Job Market and Predictions - ConnecticutFuture Job Opportunities: Average
Annual Projected Job Openings
Annual Projected Job Openings