Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them, rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. May participate in making management decisions affecting the work. Includes team leaders who work as part of the team.
Also Known As
Assembler, Assembly Associate, Assembly Line Machine Operator, Assembly Line Worker, Assembly Operator, Assembly Technician, Certified Composites Technician (CCT), Manufacturing Associate, Production Line Worker, Team Assembler
- Evaluate quality of materials or products.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Assemble electrical or electronic equipment.
- Maintain production or processing equipment.
- Record operational or production data.
- Plan production or operational procedures or sequences.
- Instruct workers to use equipment or perform technical procedures.
- Direct operational or production activities.
- Package products for storage or shipment.
- Clean work areas.
- Operate forklifts or other loaders.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equal
- Experience: None
- Training: 1 to 12 Months - On The Job
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Public Safety and Security – Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training – Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Manual Dexterity – Holding or moving items with your hands.
Clicking on a link below will provide you with a list of associated and presorted companies for this current pathway by their industry term.
- Aircraft Engine and Parts Manufacturing
- Aircraft Manufacturing
- Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing
- Communications Equipment Manufacturing
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- Construction Machinery Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment and Appliances Manufacturing
- Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Manufacturing
- Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Metal Products Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
- Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
- Ship and Boat Building
- Weapons and Ammunition Manufacturing
Pathway Job Market and Predictions - ConnecticutFuture Job Opportunities: Below Average
Annual Projected Job Openings
Annual Projected Job Openings