- This event has passed.
Free innovative training program in Internet of Things (IoT)
May 9, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Are you ready to learn the skills to start a career in the Internet of Things? Over the course of this 8-week project-based program, students will learn a series of skills in electronics, circuits and sensors, soldering, microcontroller programming, printed circuit board (PCB) design, and cloud communications. Paired with guest lecturers from Connecticut industry and a paid internship following the completion of CredentialingCT’s IoT Foundations Digital Credential. At the conclusion of the program, you’ll be prepared to demonstrate your newly acquired skills through a portfolio of your work. This program is open to Hartford area residents ages 18-24.
In order to earn the IoT Foundations certification, participants must complete the 8-week training program plus an 80 hour paid internship upon the completion of the course.
This is a project-based program which will include a substantial amount of work outside of class. Students will have access to the MakerspaceCT computer lab during our operating hours to work on projects.
The program is in-person at our facility in Downtown Hartford every Wed. & Thurs. evening (6:00pm-8:30pm) & Saturdays 10am-3:30pm from Wed., 5/4/22 – Sat., 6/25/22. Participants must commit to attending all sessions.
- Week 1: Shop safety, Bench Tools, Electronics and Circuits, Arduino
- Week 2: Soldering, Prototyping, Data basics, Raspberry Pi and Linux
- Week 3: Sensors and Data Deep Dive
- Week 4: Circuit Boards w. KiCAD 6, PCB Fundamentals
- Week 5: Enclosures & Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Week 6: PCB Assembly and Testing
- Week 7: PCB Revisions, Refinement, Reorder
- Week 8: Develop your digital portfolios & resumes
- 80 hour paid internship
- Digital Credential Issued Upon Completion of course and internship