Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
Also Known As
Assembler, Assembly Worker, Electrical Assembler, Electronic Assembler, Electronics Assembler, Factory Assembler, Manufacturing Assembler, Production Worker, Transformer Assembler
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Review blueprints or other instructions to determine operational methods or sequences.
- Solder parts or workpieces.
- Operate welding equipment.
- Assemble electrical or electronic equipment.
- Test electrical equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Record operational or production data.
- Repair parts or assemblies.
- Align parts or workpieces to ensure proper assembly.
- Mark products, workpieces, or equipment with identifying information.
- Instruct workers to use equipment or perform technical procedures.
- Clean workpieces or finished products.
- Drill holes in parts, equipment, or materials.
- Adjust flow of electricity to tools or production equipment.
- Distribute supplies to workers.
- Confer with others to resolve production problems or equipment malfunctions.
- Exchange information with colleagues.
- Move products, materials, or equipment between work areas.
- Package products for storage or shipment.
- Advise others on issues related to repairs, installation, or equipment design.
- Apply protective or decorative finishes to workpieces or products.
- Operate painting or coating equipment.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equal
- Experience: None
- Training: 1 to 12 Months - On The Job
- Near Vision – Seeing details up close.
- Finger Dexterity – Putting together small parts with your fingers.
- Oral Comprehension – Listening and understanding what people say.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness – Keeping your arm or hand steady.
- Manual Dexterity – Holding or moving items with your hands.
Clicking on a link below will provide you with a list of associated and presorted companies for this current pathway by their industry term.
- Aircraft Engine and Parts Manufacturing
- Aircraft Manufacturing
- Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing
- Communications Equipment Manufacturing
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- Construction Machinery Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment and Appliances Manufacturing
- Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Manufacturing
- Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing
- Magnetic and Optical Media Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Metal Products Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
- Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
- Ship and Boat Building
Pathway Job Market and Predictions - ConnecticutFuture Job Opportunities: Average
Annual Projected Job Openings
Annual Projected Job Openings