Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments of an establishment according to production schedule. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
Also Known As
Materials Coordinator, Materials Planner, Planner, Production Assistant, Production Clerk, Production Controller, Production Planner, Production Scheduler, Scheduler
- Provide information to coworkers.
- Read work orders to determine material or setup requirements.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Coordinate operational activities.
- Confer with coworkers to coordinate work activities.
- Schedule operational activities.
- Coordinate shipping activities with external parties.
- Inspect items for damage or defects.
- Examine documents to verify adherence to requirements.
- Record production information.
- Calculate costs of goods or services.
- Compile data or documentation.
- Record personnel information.
- Maintain operational records.
- Prepare informational or reference materials.
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information.
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
- Speaking – Talking to others.
- Time Management – Managing your time and the time of other people.
- Monitoring – Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements.
- Writing – Writing things for co-workers or customers.
- Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equal
- Experience: None
- Training: 1 to 12 Months - On The Job
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Oral Comprehension – Listening and understanding what people say.
- Oral Expression – Communicating by speaking.
- Written Comprehension – Reading and understanding what is written.
- Problem Sensitivity – Noticing when problems happen.
- Written Expression – Communicating by writing.
- Near Vision – Seeing details up close.
- Deductive Reasoning – Using rules to solve problems.
- Speech Recognition – Recognizing spoken words.
- Information Ordering – Ordering or arranging things.
- Inductive Reasoning – Making general rules or coming up with answers from lots of detailed information.
Clicking on a link below will provide you with a list of associated and presorted companies for this current pathway by their industry term.
- Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing
- Aircraft Engine and Parts Manufacturing
- Aircraft Manufacturing
- Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing
- Basic Chemical Manufacturing
- Beverage Manufacturing
- Business Support Services
- Cement and Concrete Product Manufacturing
- Clothing and Apparel Manufacturing
- Communications Equipment Manufacturing
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- Construction Machinery Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment and Appliances Manufacturing
- Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing
- Furniture Manufacturing
- Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Manufacturing
- Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing
- Magnetic and Optical Media Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Metal Products Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Chemical Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
- Non-Metallic Mineral Product Manufacturing
- Paint, Coating, and Adhesive Manufacturing
- Paper Product Manufacturing
- Petroleum Product Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Rubber and Plastic Product Manufacturing
- Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
- Ship and Boat Building
- Synthetic Chemical Manufacturing
- Textile Manufacturing
- Tobacco Production
- Weapons and Ammunition Manufacturing
- Wood Product Manufacturing
Pathway Job Market and Predictions - ConnecticutFuture Job Opportunities: Average
Annual Projected Job Openings
Annual Projected Job Openings