Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments involving inventory. Duties include verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material and arranging for the transportation of products. May prepare items for shipment.
Also Known As
Materials Control Associate, Order Fulfillment Specialist, Receiver, Receiving Associate, Receiving Clerk, Receiving Coordinator, Shipper, Shipping Clerk, Shipping Coordinator, Traffic Assistant
- Inspect shipments to ensure correct order fulfillment.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Store items.
- Prepare documentation for contracts, transactions, or regulatory compliance.
- Package objects for shipping.
- Record shipping information.
- Respond to customer problems or complaints.
- Deliver items.
- Coordinate shipping activities with external parties.
- Analyze shipping information to make routing decisions.
- Calculate shipping costs.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equal
- Experience: None
- Training: Less Than 1 Month - On The Job
- Administrative – Knowledge of administrative and office procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and workplace terminology.
- Near Vision – Seeing details up close.
Clicking on a link below will provide you with a list of associated and presorted companies for this current pathway by their industry term.
- Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing
- Aircraft Engine and Parts Manufacturing
- Aircraft Manufacturing
- Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing
- Basic Chemical Manufacturing
- Beverage Manufacturing
- Business Support Services
- Cement and Concrete Product Manufacturing
- Clothing and Apparel Manufacturing
- Communications Equipment Manufacturing
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- Construction Machinery Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment and Appliances Manufacturing
- Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing
- Furniture Manufacturing
- Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Manufacturing
- Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing
- Magnetic and Optical Media Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Metal Products Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Chemical Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
- Non-Metallic Mineral Product Manufacturing
- Paint, Coating, and Adhesive Manufacturing
- Paper Product Manufacturing
- Petroleum Product Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Rubber and Plastic Product Manufacturing
- Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
- Ship and Boat Building
- Synthetic Chemical Manufacturing
- Textile Manufacturing
- Tobacco Production
- Weapons and Ammunition Manufacturing
- Wood Product Manufacturing
Pathway Job Market and Predictions - ConnecticutFuture Job Opportunities: Below Average
Annual Projected Job Openings
Annual Projected Job Openings