Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, or financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, or safety. Examine existing procedures or opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs. Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
Also Known As
Manager, Solution Design and Analysis Manager, Supply Chain Director, Supply Chain Manager
- Estimate labor requirements.
- Estimate cost or material requirements.
- Manage inventories of products or organizational resources.
- Implement transportation changes to reduce environmental impact.
- Develop procedures to evaluate organizational activities.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Manage operations, research, or logistics projects.
- Develop organizational goals or objectives.
- Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities.
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
- Negotiate contracts for transportation, distribution, or logistics services.
- Analyze data to assess operational or project effectiveness.
- Coordinate with external parties to exchange information.
- Develop organizational methods or procedures.
- Implement organizational process or policy changes.
- Monitor performance of organizational members or partners.
- Monitor external affairs or events affecting business operations.
- Develop sustainable organizational policies or practices.
- Document organizational or operational procedures.
- Evaluate quality of materials or products.
- Identify opportunities for green initiatives.
- Evaluate potential of products, technologies, or resources.
- Evaluate environmental impact of operational or development activities.
- Coordination – Changing what is done based on other people’s actions.
- Speaking – Talking to others.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one.
- Active Listening – Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
- Monitoring – Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements.
- Time Management – Managing your time and the time of other people.
- Reading Comprehension – Reading work-related information.
- Systems Evaluation – Measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it.
- Complex Problem Solving – Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it.
- Critical Thinking – Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
- Writing – Writing things for co-workers or customers.
- Negotiation – Bringing people together to solve differences.
- Social Perceptiveness – Understanding people’s reactions.
- Systems Analysis – Figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it.
- Management of Material Resources – Managing equipment and materials.
- Active Learning – Figuring out how to use new ideas or things.
- Persuasion – Talking people into changing their minds or their behavior.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equal
- Experience: 5+ Years Work Experience
- Training: No On The Job
- Transportation – Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Personnel and Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Oral Expression – Communicating by speaking.
- Oral Comprehension – Listening and understanding what people say.
- Written Expression – Communicating by writing.
- Written Comprehension – Reading and understanding what is written.
- Information Ordering – Ordering or arranging things.
- Problem Sensitivity – Noticing when problems happen.
- Inductive Reasoning – Making general rules or coming up with answers from lots of detailed information.
- Deductive Reasoning – Using rules to solve problems.
- Speech Clarity – Speaking clearly.
- Category Flexibility – Grouping things in different ways.
- Speech Recognition – Recognizing spoken words.
- Near Vision – Seeing details up close.
Clicking on a link below will provide you with a list of associated and presorted companies for this current pathway by their industry term.
- Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing
- Aircraft Engine and Parts Manufacturing
- Aircraft Manufacturing
- Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing
- Basic Chemical Manufacturing
- Beverage Manufacturing
- Business Support Services
- Cement and Concrete Product Manufacturing
- Clothing and Apparel Manufacturing
- Communications Equipment Manufacturing
- Computer and Peripheral Equipment Manufacturing
- Construction Machinery Manufacturing
- Electrical Equipment and Appliances Manufacturing
- Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Food Manufacturing
- Furniture Manufacturing
- Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Manufacturing
- Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing
- Magnetic and Optical Media Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Metal Products Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Chemical Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Manufacturing
- Miscellaneous Transportation Equipment Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Manufacturing
- Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
- Non-Metallic Mineral Product Manufacturing
- Paint, Coating, and Adhesive Manufacturing
- Paper Product Manufacturing
- Petroleum Product Manufacturing
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Rubber and Plastic Product Manufacturing
- Semiconductor and Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
- Ship and Boat Building
- Synthetic Chemical Manufacturing
- Textile Manufacturing
- Tobacco Production
- Weapons and Ammunition Manufacturing
- Wood Product Manufacturing
Pathway Job Market and Predictions - ConnecticutFuture Job Opportunities: Average
Annual Projected Job Openings
Annual Projected Job Openings